Thai Beef With Mango And Sesame Noodles
|Beef pot roast||1|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Ripe mango||1 , sliced|
|Ramen noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Soya sauce||To Taste|
1) Pierce the beef all over with a fork, then season generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both the sides.
2) Place a large pot with lid over a medium-high heat until heated.
3) Drizzle enough olive oil to cover the bottom.
4) Place the beef in the pot, cover it and cook on each side for 5 to 7 minutes.
5) In a saucepan, cook the ramen noodles as per the directions on the package, drain and keep aside.
6) In another pan, saute the red pepper in little olive oil over a medium-high heat.
7) Season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
8) Cook the peppers for just a few minutes When done, leave the peppers in the pan, but remove the pan from the heat.
9) When the beef is done, remove from the pot and allow it rest.
10) Place the pan with peppers over a medium-low heat, then add the ramen noodles, garlic powder, half the scallions, a handful of sesame seeds and a few dashes of soy sauce.
11) Toss all the ingredients quickly until thoroughly mixed, then drizzle a little olive oil and some more soy sauce at the end.
12) When the ingredients are thoroughly heated, remove the pan from the heat.
13) In the pot with leftover beef juices, add the mango slices along with a drizzle of olive oil, pepper, and a few dashes of soy sauce.
14) Slice the beef into strips and serve immediately with the ramen noodles and mango slices.
Calories 1244 Calories from Fat 1031
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.4%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 701.1 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 59.5% Vitamin C 187.9%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet