Episode 16: How to Make Easy Pad Thai
|Rice noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green cabbage head||1⁄4 Small, sliced|
|Red cabbage head||1⁄4 Small, sliced|
|Shredded carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yellow onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Rotisserie chicken breast||1 , shredded|
|Eggs||3 , scrambled|
|Canola oil/Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Serrano pepper||1 Small, seeded, chopped finely|
|For pad thai sauce|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, put the noodles and add boiling water. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. PAD THAI SAUCE: In a bowl, add all the ingredient of the sauce and mix well till combined. Set aside.
3. Heat a large wok or skillet on medium high heat. Put oil and heat it. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and continue to sauté till they are wilted.
4. Put in the noodles and toss to mix all. Put in the carrot, cilantro and scallions. Use tongs to mix them. Add the chicken, sauce and continue to mix and stir.
5. Add the bean sprouts, salt and the serrano pepper (if using). Saute it well and put in the egg. Continue to stir and mix till all are well combined and done. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving bowl, serve the pad Thai hot garnished with peanuts and lime wedges.
Calories 708 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.6%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 808.9 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 147.9% Vitamin C 101.7%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet