This recipe was inspired by an episode of Diners Drive-ins and Dives. My version of "Opal's Thai Food's" Glazed Garlic Chicken Wings.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Asian chili paste)
Dark rice wine
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (four 12 grams sugar wafers dissolved in 2 cups water and reduced to 1/3 cup or agave nectar diluted with water)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Asian broth, use as needed)
Fresh thai basil
50 Gram (for garnish)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
Fresh garlic paste
1. Trim chicken wings, wash and pat dry using paper towel.
2. Place a pan on flame, pour oil and saute onion on low flame.
3. Add Asian chili paste and stir to incorporate.
4. Pour broth, as needed to get a saucy consistency. Simmer until thick. Add more broth if needed.
5. Pour rice wine, palm nectar, and continue to simmer until you get glaze like consistency.
6. In fryer, heat oil until it reaches 375 degree F.
7. Fry unseasoned chicken for 5-6 minutes or until nice and golden.
8. Place a skillet on flame and pour little bit of sauce and add fresh garlic paste in it. Stir well.
9. Add fried chicken and toss to coat well. Simmer for a few minutes.
10. Meanwhile, deep fry basil in hot oil and drain on paper towel.
11. Garnish with fried basil and serve hot.