Spicy Soup Of Grilled Prawns
|Coriander roots||40 Gram (several fresh roots)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Jumbo shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined, cut into half lengthwise and then grilled|
|Shallots||7 , grilled and sliced|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), roasted and peeled|
|Lemongrass||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Dried red chilies||3 Large, roasted and chopped|
|Galangal||3 (thin slices)|
|Fish sauce||4 Tablespoon (3-4)|
|Fresh lime juice||4 Tablespoon (3-4)|
|Straw mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kaffir lime leaves||2 Tablespoon, finely shredded|
|Fresh chili||7 , thinly sliced (red or green)|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. Place shallots, and garlic on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle oil on it.
2. Also lay cleaned shrimp shells on baking sheet and pop it in broiler for 10-15 minutes.
3. For spice paste, discard the ends and chop cilantro roots, saving the leaves for garnish.
4. In mortar and pestle, put chopped coriander root and peppercorns. Pound to form paste.
5. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and let the shallots and garlic cool.
6. Into a pot, pour water and bring it to a boil. Drop shrimp shells in it.
7. Throw lemon grass, galangal, and chopped red chili.
8. Peel skin and chop roasted garlic and shallots. Drop it into the pot. Give it a good stir and cook for 10 minutes.
9. In another large pot, strain broth and discard the solids from it. Pour the liquid back into the pot.
10. Place the pot on low heat and throw coriander paste, fish sauce, lime juice, mushroom, and shrimps in it. Mix well. Bring it to a boil and cook until the shrimps turn pink.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt.
12. In a bowl, ladle soup and serve it hot with kaffir lime leaves, fresh chilies, scallion, and coriander garnish.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg76.6%
Sodium 2037.3 mg84.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 37 g74.5%
Vitamin A 48.2% Vitamin C 142.2%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet