Pad Thai With Shrimps
|Rice noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Bean sprouts||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted roasted peanuts||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lime||1 , cut into small wedges|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a bowl, soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 30 minutes. When the noodles have softened, drain and set aside.
2) In a wok, heat about 2 teaspoon of oil.
3) Add the 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger and shrimp; stir-fry the shrimp until they turn pink.
4) Add the Thai chili sauce and fish sauce, stir quicky to coat the shrimp. Remove the shrimp from the wok and set aside.
5) In the same wok, heat another 2 to 3 teaspoons oil.
6) Stir fry rest of the ginger, garlic and onion until lightly browned.
7) Add a little more sauce and red bell pepper, stir fry for a few seconds.
8) Then push the onion mixture aside in the wok and crack the eggs onto it and scramble lightly.
9) Add the noodles and toss them in with the egg mixture in a wok over high heat until it is smoking hot.
10) Then return the shrimp into the wok and toss in the bean sprouts.
11) Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and cilantro; toss to combine.
12) Transfer the noodles to a serving platter, garnish with rest of the bean sprouts, peanuts, lime wedges, cilantro and green onions; Serve hot.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.6 mg57.5%
Sodium 393.5 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet