Culinary Carrie: Turkey Pad Thai
|For the pad thai sauce|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thai fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Palm sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thai chili||2 Teaspoon|
|For the phad thai|
|Turkey meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, shredded|
|Rice noodles||250 Gram, boil (Mung bean noodles or bean thread noodles)|
|Peanut oil/Any vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Eggs||6 Medium (fresh in shell)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spring onions||2 Bunch (200 gm), cut into 2 inch pieces (or only green part of Chinese garlic chives)|
|Roasted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Limes||1 Small, wedged|
1. Cut the garlic chives in to 2 inch pieces, mince the garlic, keep it aside.
2. Cut the limes in wedges.
3. In a small bowl soak the tamarind in ½ cup hot water and press to mix, drain keep it aside.
4. In a sauce pan simmer the tamarind pulp along with fish sauce, palm sugar and thai chili powder for five minute, once done keep it aside.
5. In a large pot boil the phad thai noodles in boiling water for 30 seconds for thin rice noodles and 1 minute for thicker Pad Thai noodles.
6. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
7. In large greased hot pan saute garlic with the oil for 30 second or until brown add the noodles and saute, now add ¼ cup of the sauce and stir for 30 second.
8. Move the noodles on one side and crack in 2 eggs in it and let it cooks, once the eggs are cooked mix the noodles with the egg.
9. Add the turkey meat, bean sprouts and garlic chives stir fry for few more minutes.
10. Sprinkle some chopped peanut and serve the turkey phad thai noodles along with a lime wedge.
You can make your Pad Thai sauce vegetarian by using soy sauce instead of fish sauce.