Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
|For carrot slaw|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Agave syrup||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shreded|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|For chicken filling|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lemon grass||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Scallions||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chicken||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely sliced|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. For making carrot slaw- combine rice wine vinegar and agave syrup in a mixing bowl.
2. Add shredded carrot and mint to the mixing bowl. Toss it well.
3. Season this mixture with red pepper flakes and keep it aside to marinate.
4. For making chicken filling - In a skillet heat some oil, add chopped garlic and saute for a while.
5. When the garlic is tender, add lemon grass to the skillet followed by scallions. Saute for a while.
6. Toss in the chicken. Stir gently and let it absorb all the fresh flavors.
7. Add fish sauce to the chicken. It will not allow chicken to stick on the pan.
8. Add water to the skillet, if the chicken gets sticky on the pan. Turn off the heat when cooked through.
9.Put cooked chicken on lettuce leaves and top it with carrot slaw. Squeeze in lemon juice.
10. Serve it as an appetizer or main dish.
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.2%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg83.7%
Sodium 484.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 77 g154.7%
Vitamin A 224.2% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet