Wegmans Thai Jasmine Rice with Shrimp
|Basting oil||2 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Onion||8 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Cleaned Cut Chopped)|
|Jasmine rice||8 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About Jasmine Rice Blend)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About Thai Culinary Stock)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Shrimps||1 Pound, thawed (Food You Feel Good About Uncooked Peeled Deveined 41-50 ct)|
|Spring onion green||1 Bunch (100 gm), thinly sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add basting oil to braising pan on medium high. Add onion; cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
3. Add rice; cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes, to toast rice. Add stock; season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer on high. Cover with lid or foil and transfer pan to preheated oven. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Arrange shrimp on rice and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cover and return to oven for another 5 minutes, or until internal temp of shrimp reaches 130 degrees (check by inserting thermometer into thickest part of shrimp) and rice is tender-crisp. (check by breaking the grains between thumb and forefinger)
5. Remove pan from oven and let rest covered for 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with green onions and stir with fork to fluff and mix the rice and shrimp.
7. Serve as a wonderful light meal.
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.4 mg58.8%
Sodium 464.1 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet