Halibut with Thai Spicy Mango Salad - Thai Cooking
|For the mango salad|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (Drizzled on the watermelon slices)|
|Watermelon||200 Gram, slices (1 1/2-inch thick slices used)|
|Green mango||1 , julienned (firm)|
|Thai chilies||5 Medium (adjust to taste)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Palm sugar/Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , finely sliced|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Lime||1 Large, juiced|
|For the halibut|
|Halibut fillet||16 Ounce|
|Thai chilies||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take watermelon slices and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on both sides. Place it on a grill on high heat and grill them until the slices have grill marks. When the watermelon is done, cut into cubes and set aside.
2. Peel the green mango and julienne it by making parallel cuts into the fruit with a knife and shave the strips off into a large mixing bowl.
3. In a mortar and pestle, pound the Thai chilies to release the oils and fragrance.
4. Add these chilies to the mango, then add the fish sauce. Toss lightly to combine and then add the sugar, shallot, cilantro and green onion.
5. Finally, add the juice of 1 lime and watermelon and toss everything together until combined. Set aside in the refrigerator.
6. For the halibut: On a cutting board, evenly sprinkle chopped chilies, drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and then place the halibut on the board. Flip the halibut over to get the seasoning on both sides.
7. The halibut can either be grilled in the oven or pan fried on a hot skillet with oil until the meat is golden brown.
8. Plate the fish, put the mango salad over it and serve.
If you do not have halibut, you can use any kind of meaty fish that’s not too fatty like catfish or red snapper.
2. Mortar & Pestle
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg24.2%
Sodium 2243.9 mg93.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 35.4 g
Protein 50 g99.8%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 75%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet