Thai-style Curry Beef & Pasta
|Whole grain spaghetti||13 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Beef sirloin||1 Pound (boneless)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped finely|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Broccoli||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Ginger||3 Teaspoon, chop|
|Jalapeno pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mince|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red curry paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roasted peanut||1 Teaspoon (optional)|
1. In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Drain run under cold water drain again return to a pan.
3. Meanwhile cut steak in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices toss with garlic & set aside.
4. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of beef stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. Remove from skillet.
5. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet add broccoli, bell pepper and onion. Cook and stir 1 minute then add 1 to 2 tablespoons water continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute.
6. Stir in ginger and chili pepper add combined coconut milk and curry paste to skillet bring to boil reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
7. Return beef to skillet, remove from heat Toss beef mixture with pasta.
8. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.9%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.6 mg8.9%
Sodium 524.6 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 134.8%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet