Here is a nice weeknight meal that can be made quickly and inexpensively. It is loaded in flavor and is an all time favorite at our house. You will need some time to marinade the chicken so plan ahead.
2 Medium, cut into strips 2 inches long (FOR PASTA)
10 Large, sliced (FOR PASTA)
Scallions (green and white)
6 Medium, chopped
1. Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
2. MARINADE: In a bowl put sesame oil, cilantro, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Place the chicken in the marinade bowl, mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
4. SAUCE: Whisk all the ingredients well and set aside.
5. PASTA: Cook 12 ounce of pasta – spaghetti or linguini or fettuccine – drain and set aside
6. Heat a skillet with some sesame oil until hot.
7. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
8. Wipe the skillet and add more sesame oil.
9. Put the carrots and the snow peas. Sauté them for a couple minutes.
10. Add the scallions, garlic and ginger. Mix well and sauté, stirring often, for about 6 minutes.
11. Return the chicken to the pan and mix well.
12. Put the cooked pasta and the sauce. Toss to coat well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
13. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the noodles as it is and enjoy.