Red Curry Beef
|Squash||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (of choice)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (canola, peanut, vegetable or coconut oil)|
|Scallions (green and white)||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Flank steak||1 Pound, finely sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, sliced|
|Red curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen corn||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed (kernels)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled, seeded, thinly sliced|
|Unsweetened coconut milk||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves/Asian basil||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. In a wok or large skillet with some water put the squash. Cook it for about 15 minutes until almost cooked through. Remove from water and set aside. Discard the water.
2. Heat the wok or skillet. Add oil. Put the scallions, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the beef. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Put the bell peppers and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Move the meat to the sides and form a well. Add the curry paste and allow cooking for about 2 minutes. Mix well.
6. Return the squash to the pan. Add the corn kernels and cucumber. Mix well.
7. Pour the coconut milk and mix. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
8. Bring curry to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the basil if using.
9. In a serving plate, serve with white rice.
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg6.7%
Sodium 771.2 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet