This simple yet delicious shellfish recipe featuring mussels with tangy red curry is exciting and very easy and quick to make. It takes only few minutes to make an appetizer that just about everybody will love.
1 Pound, cleaned
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (full fat organic)
1 Bunch (100 gm), cleaned and chopped (large)
Red curry paste
1 Teaspoon, prepared
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
1 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)
1) Rinse the mussels thoroughly, trim off the beard and discard the opened mussels.
2) Smash the garlic clove, peel and chop finely.
3) Roughly chop a handful of fresh cilantro and set aside.
4) In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat oil over a medium heat.
5) Add the chopped garlic and onion sweat for about 1 minute.
6) Add the coconut milk and squeeze in fresh lime juice.
7) Then add the chopped cilantro, red curry paste and whisk the ingredients with a wire whisk.
8) Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
9) Add the mussels, cover the skillet and cook over a high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
10) Transfer the mussels to a serving plate and pour over the curry. Serve the Red Curry Mussels immediately with crusty bread for soaking up curry broth.