Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, makes her delicious Thai Salmon Cakes, inspired by her love of Thailand! This is the perfect appetizer for large group of guests or just a few. A seafood lovers dream! You don't want to miss this!
18 Ounce, boneless/skinless (3 cans)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)
2 Clove (10 gm), divided
2 Large, zest and juice (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)
1 Bunch (100 gm), divided and chopped (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)
Thai sweet chili sauce
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (reserve 2/3 for dipping)
2 Tablespoon, divided (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)
1 Teaspoon, divided (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa, as per taste)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for frying)
2 Large, ripe (for the mango salsa)
2 Teaspoon, grated
1. Drain the salmon from the can, add into a bowl and break it up.
2. In a bowl add chopped cilantro, chopped garlic clove, lime zest, lime juice, kosher salt, chopped onion and crushed black pepper and then pulse them in a food processor for 2-3 times.
3. Transfer the processed mixture back to the bowl and add 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce.
4. Make a circle in the mixture, crack an egg and mix up well.
5. Wrap the mixture with a cling film and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. In a shallow pan fry a pattie made of 1 tablespoon of the salmon mixture until crisp and brown.
To make mango salsa:
7. In a dish mix peeled medium sized ripe mango dices, finely chopped remaining red onion, chopped cilantro, grated fresh ginger, grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, kosher salt and crushed black pepper.
8. Serve on a serving dish with a cup of salsa, sweet chili sauce and lime wedges.