The Posh Pescatarian: Thai Salmon Cakes
|Salmon||18 Ounce, boneless/skinless (3 cans)|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), divided|
|Lime||2 Large, zest and juice (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), divided and chopped (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)|
|Thai sweet chili sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (reserve 2/3 for dipping)|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon, divided (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, divided (for the salmon cake and the mango salsa, as per taste)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for frying)|
|Mangoes||2 Large, ripe (for the mango salsa)|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
1. Drain the salmon from the can, add into a bowl and break it up.
2. In a bowl add chopped cilantro, chopped garlic clove, lime zest, lime juice, kosher salt, chopped onion and crushed black pepper and then pulse them in a food processor for 2-3 times.
3. Transfer the processed mixture back to the bowl and add 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce.
4. Make a circle in the mixture, crack an egg and mix up well.
5. Wrap the mixture with a cling film and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. In a shallow pan fry a pattie made of 1 tablespoon of the salmon mixture until crisp and brown.
To make mango salsa:
7. In a dish mix peeled medium sized ripe mango dices, finely chopped remaining red onion, chopped cilantro, grated fresh ginger, grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, kosher salt and crushed black pepper.
8. Serve on a serving dish with a cup of salsa, sweet chili sauce and lime wedges.
Calories 749 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 112.9 mg37.6%
Sodium 3994.9 mg166.5%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 61.5 g
Protein 30 g59%
Vitamin A 83.9% Vitamin C 181.3%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet