1. Finely chop the Spring onions and shallots not so fine.
2. Grind some fresh black pepper, about 1teaspoon.
3. Beat the Eggs in a large bowl thoroughly.
4. Then add the shallots, spring onions, pepper, seasoning sauce, chicken stock and juice of 1/3 Lime (optional chilies chopped or whole)
5. Mix together and add the water still stirring.
6. Pour into steam proof bowls, and we're ready to cook.
7. Prime your steamer and get the water boiling before adding the eggs
8. Place the bowls of egg into the steamer bung the lid on and leave for 10 minutes before checking
9. If they have firmed up at the ten minute stage place a sprig of celery or coriander leaves on top of each and cook a further 2-3 minutes
10. Open the lid and smell!
11. Serve with jasmine rice or some salad if you're on a diet but this dish is a great accompaniment to so many Thai recipes.
This Thai recipe is a wonderfully versatile in Thai cooking, it goes well with so many meals but also is suitable for vegetarians and great if you're dieting to boot! Think of making scrambled egg, poached, crossed with soufflé and junket and you're getting close, it dissolves in your mouth, great if you have no teeth! It is light and savory flavor with the freshness of the delicately aromatic veggies used in the making of this lovely eggs recipe, on top of all that you can play around with the ingredients