Thai Style Stir-Fried Salmon
|Salmon steak||200 Gram|
|Palm sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Tamarind puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Finely slice shallots and garlic
2. Have all the other ingredients to hand before you start cooking, its all going to happen in one pan in quick succession
3. Pour the oil into a wok and heat to medium high heat.
4. Lob in the chopped garlic and shallots, stir fry until they start turning turn brown and remove to drain.
5. Now add dried chilies and cook briefly until they darken, remove to drain and then remove oil .
6. Now with 1-2 tablespoons of oil place salmon fillets in the wok and flash fry to seal and cook, then remove to drain.
7. Add 1/2 cup of water to the wok, allow to boil and add the palm sugar stirring to dissolve
8. Now add the tamarind purée and salt and continue stirring.
9. Then add the oyster sauce and keep stirring occasionally while allowing to boil.
10. When the sauce starts to become viscose/sticky taste test and adjust as required
11. Serve the salmon on a bed of lettuce, and pour the sauce over the top, garnish with the crispy shallots, garlic, chilies and a sprig of coriander.
12. Serve as is or with rice.
Calories 1256 Calories from Fat 1047
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.3%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52 mg17.3%
Sodium 1366.5 mg56.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 23 g45.3%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet