1. Finely slice shallots and garlic
2. Have all the other ingredients to hand before you start cooking, its all going to happen in one pan in quick succession
3. Pour the oil into a wok and heat to medium high heat.
4. Lob in the chopped garlic and shallots, stir fry until they start turning turn brown and remove to drain.
5. Now add dried chilies and cook briefly until they darken, remove to drain and then remove oil .
6. Now with 1-2 tablespoons of oil place salmon fillets in the wok and flash fry to seal and cook, then remove to drain.
7. Add 1/2 cup of water to the wok, allow to boil and add the palm sugar stirring to dissolve
8. Now add the tamarind purée and salt and continue stirring.
9. Then add the oyster sauce and keep stirring occasionally while allowing to boil.
10. When the sauce starts to become viscose/sticky taste test and adjust as required
11. Serve the salmon on a bed of lettuce, and pour the sauce over the top, garnish with the crispy shallots, garlic, chilies and a sprig of coriander.
12. Serve as is or with rice.
This Thai-style Salmon recipe is a lovely quick and easy fried salmon, one anyone can master and there are no special or difficult to find ingredients in this recipe. A delicious salmon recipe where the salmon is flash fried and crowned with a glorious sour and sweet sauce with some crispy deep fried dried chilies and fried shallots to finish. Even if you are not a big fan of fish, this salmon recipe is sure to win you over. This recipe can also be used for chicken, pork or prawns.