Stove Top Pineapple Broccoli Mini Pizzas - Vegan
|For pizza crust|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vital wheat gluten||5 Tablespoon|
|Pepitas/Pumpkin seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutritional yeast||4 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Kelp granules||1 Dash|
|Cumin seeds/Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|For tomato sauce|
|Tomatoes||3 , chopped into small pieces|
|Canned tomato paste||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Ginger||10 Gram, finely minced|
|Cooked chickpeas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped into smaller pieces|
|Baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black olives||7 Large, sliced|
|Hot pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For broccoli with thai peanut sauce|
|Broccoli head||1 Small, chopped into fine pieces|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||5 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce/Tamari||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Natural peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey/Vegan sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Baby spinach||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cubed|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl, add in the flour, cornmeal, vital wheat gluten, pepitas, garlic powder, onion powder, nutritional yeast, sea salt, kelp granules and cumin.
2. Pour in the warm water and combine ingredients well to form dough.
3. Knead the dough for a few minutes. The dough should be slightly moist, so don’t worry about adding more flour unless it is very sticky/wet.
4. Add in the extra virgin olive oil onto the dough, covering the whole surface.
5. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
6. To make the tomato sauce – In a non – stick skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil. Add in the garlic and ginger and sauté for a minute or so.
7. Stir in the chickpeas, spinach, olives red pepper flakes, tomatoes and tomato paste and use a spatula to stir occasionally.
8. Allow to simmer for 10-20 minutes and transfer into a bowl. Keep aside.
9. To make the Broccoli & Thai Peanut Sauce – In a saucepan boil the water and add in the broccoli, blanch for 5 minutes.
10. Transfer the broccoli to a pan and add in the water, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, garlic powder, cayenne, peanut butter and honey.
11. Stir and cook on medium-low heat for a few minutes. Transfer to bowl.
12. After resting the dough for 10 to 15 minutes, divide it into 3 equal pieces. Sprinkle a bit of flour onto a cutting board and start rolling a piece of dough into a flat, thin circle.
13. Heat a dry non-stick skillet on medium heat and cook the first flattened dough for around 3 minutes on either side. Repeat for the other two. Keep them warm.
14. Spoon out some of the tomato sauce and spread onto the pizza crusts.
15. Top with baby spinach followed by the broccoli and peanut sauce. Finalize the topping by adding pineapple chunks and nutritional yeast. If you like, reheat the pizzas in the pan, covered for 2 minutes.
16. Cut into quarters and serve warm or cold as you like.
Calories 360 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 0.93 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 229.8 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 62.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet