Thai Inspired Beef Salad with Rice Noodle
|Baby bok choy||1 Pound, washed and trimmed|
|Rice noodles||225 Gram|
|Flank steak||1 Pound (Organic beef)|
|Salt||To Taste (To season the beef)|
|Pepper||To Taste (To season the beef)|
|For the dressing|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chili garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red thai chili||2 Medium, sliced|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon (for drizzing)|
1. In a pot of boiling water blanch the washed and trimmed baby bok choy for a minute, then take them out, strain them and drain them on a kitchen towel. Set aside.
2. In another pot of boiling water, boil the rice noodles until tender. Then strain them, rinse them in cold water and set them aside.
3. Bring the flank steak to room temperature, season it with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Take a bowl to prepare the dressing, and add to it about 3 tablespoons of lime juice, rice vinegar and chili garlic paste. Follow that with fish sauce, sugar, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil. Whisk together until well combined and set aside.
5. In a grill heated up to a high heat, sear the beef for about 3 or 4 minutes per side. This can be done alternatively on a cast iron skillet on high heat.
6. Once done, season the steak again with salt and let it sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing it.
7. After 10 minutes slice the beef thinly.
8. In a bowl add the noodles, bok choy, sliced flank steak, chopped cilantro and the dressing. Mix well.
9. Serve a portion of the salad, drizzled with some olive oil and garnished with some sliced red Thai chilies. Also drizzle a little of a cilantro and canola oil with lime juice dressing over the dish.
Calories 476 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 960.3 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 27 g54.4%
Vitamin A 104.8% Vitamin C 115.1%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet