Thai Inspired Pasta Salad Southeast Asian Flavors For You!
|Pasta/Penne rigate||1 Pound|
|Thai basil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (half chopped and half whole)|
|Scallion||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely sliced (reserve little for shirmp)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Roma tomatoes||6 , seeded and diced|
|Garlic cloves||10 , chopped|
|Thai chiles||6 , seeded and finely chopped (reserve little for shirmp)|
|Ginger||3 Inch, peeled and chopped|
|Lemongrass stalk||1⁄2 , peeled and chopped finely (reserve little for shirmp)|
|Kaffir lime/Limes||2 , zested|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For nouc cham|
|Thai chiles||4 , seeded and diced (thai bird chilies used)|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped finely|
|Ginger||1 Inch, peeled and chopped|
|Brown sugar/White sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon grass||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredient for Nouc cham and stir to mix.
2. Allow to combine for 2 hours.
3. In a pot, with salted boiling water, cook pasta, strain and put in cold water, strain again.
4. In a bowl, put the pasta, scallions, garlic chopped and whole basil, cilantro, tomatoes, Thai bird chillies, lemon grass and lime zest mix well after adding each ingredient.
5. Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
For the dressing
6. In the nouc cham dressing add in the fish sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
7. Pour the dressing all over the salad and toss well with your hands and allow it to sit for 30 to 40 minutes.
8. In a non- stick pan, saute shrimps, with Thai chillies, lemon grass and scallion for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they curl up.
9. Serve the salad with sautéed shrimps.
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.5 mg10.8%
Sodium 1337 mg55.7%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet