Thai red curry is a very warming and comforting dish when there is cold weather outside. Actually Thai red curry is great anytime of year. It is one of my favorite Thai recipes. Try this recipe I know you will like it!
3 Tablespoon (Canola oil, peanut oil, safflower oil any one of these)
1 Pound, bite sized pieces
1 Pound (black tiger prawns)
Thai red curry paste
1 Medium, thinly sliced
14 Ounce, thinly sliced
4 , chopped
14 Ounce (unsweetened)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Palm sugar/Brown sugar
Kaffir lime leaves/Bay leaves
Red bell pepper
2 , thinly sliced
2 Cup (32 tbs) (Shitake, straw, beech, shimeji, crimini any mushroom of your choice)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Thai basil)
1⁄2 , cut into quarters
1⁄4 , julienned
To Taste (Optional)
1. In a wok, heat oil and saute onion on medium high heat, add in ginger and garlic and stir for 5 minutes.
2. Put in Thai curry paste and little chicken stock, stir well to mix, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium low, pour in coconut milk and mix.
4. Add in remaining stock, and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and allow to simmer, add in lemongrass, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and brown sugar and stir.
6. Raise the heat to medium high heat and bring to boil, add in the chicken and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Put in the bamboo shoots, stir and add in mushroom leave it for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle in the Thai basil, stir for 2 minutes.
9. Lower the heat to low simmer and put in the prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Serve hot on a bed of rice, garnished with basil leaves, courgettes and drizzle with some sesame oil (if using).
11. Serve with lime wedges on side, to squeeze on top.