Fried Coconut Prawns with Coconut Martini
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Sweetened shredded coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raw shrimp||20 Large, shelled (Leave The Tails On)|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Sweet chili sauce||2 Tablespoon (For Dipping)|
1. In a deep plate or shallow bowl, combine the flour and seasoning.
2. Place the eggs in another bowl and the coconut in a third.
3. Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour.
4. Dip in egg; allow excess to drip off.
5. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Can be made ahead at this point and refrigerated for a few hours.
7. Line a second baking sheet with paper towels.
8. Preheat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pan on high.
9. When you can toss a small piece of the coconut into the oil and it sizzles and browns, reduce your heat to medium add your shrimp to the pan in batches of five.
10. Cook about a minute or two per side.
11. You can continue to turn these in the pan so they don't brown too quickly.
12. Cook to a golden brown and remove to paper lined baking sheet.
13. Cook the rest and keep aside.
14. For coconut martini, shake everything up with a martini shaker filled with ice.
15. Pour into a chilled martini glass.
16. Serve the shrimps warm with sweet chili dipping sauce along with the Martini and enjoy.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5397 Calories from Fat 4402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 500 g769%
Saturated Fat 97.6 g487.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1091.7 mg363.9%
Sodium 6327.9 mg263.7%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 60.5 g
Protein 113 g225.7%
Vitamin A 108.8% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 101.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet