The Kitchen Witch once again makes magic; this time with a spectacular appetizer and cocktail combination that features coconut!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 , lightly beaten
Sweetened shredded coconut
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
20 Large, shelled (Leave The Tails On)
Vegetable oil/Canola oil
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)
Sweet chili sauce
2 Tablespoon (For Dipping)
1. In a deep plate or shallow bowl, combine the flour and seasoning.
2. Place the eggs in another bowl and the coconut in a third.
3. Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour.
4. Dip in egg; allow excess to drip off.
5. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
6. Can be made ahead at this point and refrigerated for a few hours.
7. Line a second baking sheet with paper towels.
8. Preheat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pan on high.
9. When you can toss a small piece of the coconut into the oil and it sizzles and browns, reduce your heat to medium add your shrimp to the pan in batches of five.
10. Cook about a minute or two per side.
11. You can continue to turn these in the pan so they don't brown too quickly.
12. Cook to a golden brown and remove to paper lined baking sheet.
13. Cook the rest and keep aside.
14. For coconut martini, shake everything up with a martini shaker filled with ice.
15. Pour into a chilled martini glass.
16. Serve the shrimps warm with sweet chili dipping sauce along with the Martini and enjoy.
Take a look at this video recipe of Fried Coconut Prawns with Coconut Martini. Imagine sitting in the balcony with a plate full of these shrimps, and the cool martini in your hands. Doesn't that sound like a little paradise. Treat yourself with your loved one with this gourmet treat. Bon Appétit!