Pasta With Thai Basil Lemongrass And Clams
|Sand clams/Green-lipped mussels||2 1⁄4 Pound (1 kg)|
|Thai basil||1 Pound (500 g)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli||1 (optional)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Dry white wine||8 Ounce (2 glasses)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Spaghettini||10 1⁄2 Ounce (Fresh or dry, at least 300 g per guest preferably spaghettini, angel hair or fettuccine; do not use the shelled varieties of pasta)|
1. Wash and clean the clams of external dirt. Soak them for four hours in salted cold water and change the water regularly or atleast twice during the four hours.
2. Wash the basil leaves and shred them into half pieces.
3. Crush the lemongrass and garlic and set aside
4. Deseed and chop the tomato into large pieces.
5. Prepare the pasta to al dente standards according to the pack instructions and set aside.
6. In a large wok, tip in ½ of the olive oil and add the garlic, shredded basil, lemongrass and whole red chili to the wok. SautÃ© on medium heat till fragrant/
7. Add the clams, white wine and lemon juice to the pan and sautÃ© again. Cook the clams covered to allow them to steam open.
8. Discard the unopened clams and add the rest of the basil to the pan.
9. As soon as the basil wilts, pour this over the pasta and dress with olive oil, tomatoes, and black pepper
10. Serve hot