Thai Shrimp Brochette
|Sesame oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili paste||2 Tablespoon, prepared|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro leaves||4 Tablespoon, washed and finely chopped|
|Raw shrimp||12 Large, cleaned and deveined|
|Yellow bell pepper/Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Red onion||1 , quartered|
|Zucchinis||2 Small, cut in rounds|
|For pineapple dipping sauce|
|Purified water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use Cold)|
|Pineapple juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper/Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), washed and stemmed (For Garnish)|
1) In a bowl add water and dip twelve 6-inch wooden skewers for 1 hour.
2) In a medium mixing bowl add all marinade ingredients and mix.
3) In another bowl put shrimp.
4) In a separate bowl add vegetables.
5) Pour half of the sauce over the shrimps and coat well with a spoon.
6) Pour remaining sauce on the vegetables and stir to coat.
7) On each skewer thread 1 piece of pepper, 1 coated shrimp, 2 chunks of red onion, 1 zucchini round, and 1 cherry tomato.
8) Baste the brochettes with the vegetable-coating sauce.
9) Place the skewers on the grill.
10) Baste with the sauce and cook for 2 1/2 minutes.
11) Turn over and baste again.
12) Cook for more 2 1/2 minutes.
13) If using a broiler, arrange brochettes on a baking tray.
14) Place at the middle rack of the oven and broil them.
15) Follow instructions for cooking over grill.
16) To prepare Pineapple Dipping Sauce, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with water.
17) Stir until the cornstarch dissolves completely.
18) In a small saucepan add pineapple juice, peppers, and chili flakes and bring to a boil.
19) Pour cornstarch and water mixture. Mix thoroughly.
20) Whisk the mixture for 3 minutes until thick.
21) Let stand for sometime to cool.
22) Gently fold in chopped pineapple.
23) Arrange skewers on a platter on top of a bed of the cilantro leaves.
24) Pass Pineapple Dipping Sauce on the sides.