Broiled Thai Chicken Salad
|Cellophane noodles||3 1⁄2 Ounce (Wun Sen)|
|Garlic clove||4 Large, chopped|
|Fresh coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Cilantro)|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Nampla||7 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Chicken stock/Canned broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Leaf lettuce head||1 , leaves separated|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|European cucumber||1 , cut into 1-inch dices|
|Roasted peanuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lime||1 , thinly sliced|
1) In a bowl, pour in hot water to cover the cellophane noodles. Let it soak for 30 minutes to get soft.
2) Use a blender or food processor, to process garlic, peppercorns and 2 tablespoons of the coriander into a paste.
3) Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add 1/4 cup of the soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of the nam pla.
4) Use a shallow pan to pour in the marinade. Add chicken cubes into it. Toss well and let marinate for 30 minutes.
5) Preheat the broiler.
6) In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
7) Drain the cellophane noodles and add into the pan. Boil until softened, about 5 minutes.
8) Drain well and cut the noodles into 4 pieces. Reserve the stock for another use.
9) On a baking sheet, place the marinated chicken in a single layer.
10) Place inside the broiler, to broil for 4 to 7 minutes, stirring the pieces from time to time, until brown and properly cooked.
11) In a small bowl, add sugar, lime juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon nam pla. Whisk all to make the dressing.
12) Use a large platter, to line with the lettuce leaves. Spread the noodles over the lettuce and top with the tomato wedges, chopped scallions and diced cucumber.
13) Arrange the broiled chicken on the salad and pour on the dressing.
14) Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons coriander and the peanuts on top.
15) Before serving the salad, garnish with the lime slices.