Thai Shrimp Soup
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Ginger root||8 , peeled|
|Green onions||4 , separated|
|Toasted sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||12 Ounce, deveined|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||950 Milliliter (4 Cups)|
1) In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat oils and sautÃ© garlic, ginger and the white parts of the green onions in it for 3 minutes, for the Flavor Base.
2) Save the dark green parts.
3) Mix in chicken stock and allow it to come to a boil for 3 minutes.
4) Into a small bowl, strain it, pressing firmly on the solids until they squeeze through the sieve in the form of a flavor-packed pulp.
5) Keep aside.
6) Into a large wok, over medium heat, pour sesame oil and sautÃ© shrimp for about 30 seconds in it, all at once until they turn pink.
7) Mix in mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
8) Stir in fish sauce and 1/4 cup (59 ml) of the reserved Flavor Base and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
9) Add in the chicken stock and the remaining Flavor Base and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
10) The shrimp will become very tough if it gets to a rolling-boil stage.
11) Take it off from heat and remove the foam that rises to the surface.
12) Pour into bowls and scatter each with a tablespoon (15 ml) of the dark green parts of the chopped green onions.
13) Serve at once.