Thai Red Chicken
|Corn oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken||1 Pound, lean (450 Grams)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated galangal/Ginger root||2 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet potato||8 Ounce|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||8 Ounce, halved (225 Grams)|
|Chopped cilantro||3 Tablespoon|
|Thai fragrant rice/Freshly cooked jasmine rice||To Taste|
1) Thinly slice the chicken.
2) With a sharp knife, peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes.
3) Heat a wok or heavy bottomed large pan on stove.
2) In heated wok or pan, add chicken slices and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
3) In the wok, add galangal, curry paste, garlic, tamarind paste and lime leaves.
4) Stir-fry for 1 minute.
5) Add coconut milk and sweet potato in the wok and let the mixture to boil over medium heat for 20 nminute until curry begin to thicken.
6) Add chopped cilantro and cherry toamtoes and cook for further 5 minutes.
7) In serving plates, transfer the chicken curry and served with freshly cooked rice .