|Thread egg noodles||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Groundnut oil/Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chicken breast||6 Ounce, boned, skinned, sliced thinly (175 Gram)|
|Pork fillet||6 Ounce, sliced thinly (175 Gram)|
|Green beans||4 Ounce, trimmed, sliced in half diagonally (125 Gram)|
|Prawns||4 Ounce, peeled cooked, thawed, thoroughly dried if frozen (125 Gram)|
|Tofu||10 Ounce, drained, cubed (300 Gram)|
|Cider vinegar/Wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce/Anchovy essence||To Taste|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Needed, To Garnish)|
1. In a large saucepan, boil water.
2. Add noodles, cover the pan and immediately remove the pan from the heat.
3. Let the noodles sit in boiled water for 6 minutes.
4. Drain thoroughly.
5. In a wok or deep heavy frying pan, heat oil.
6. First stir fry onion over moderate heat for 5 minutes until it turns soft.
7. Turn the heat to high.
8. Stir fry garlic, chicken, pork and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
9. Add prawns and tofu, if using.
10. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
11. Pour in vinegar, sugar, soy sauce or anchovy essence to taste
12. The sauces should be both sweet and salty in flavor.
13. Remove the pan from the heat.
14. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and keep aside.
15. In a deep-frying pan, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
16. Add 1/4th of the noodles and fry until crisp and lightly brown.
17. Spoon out the fried noodles out of the wok and drain on kitchen paper.
18. Fry the rest of the noodles and drain.
19. Keep 1/4th of the fried noodles aside for garnishing.
20. In a wok, take ½ of the stir fried ingredients, ½ of the remaining stir fried noodles and half of the chilli powder.
21. Toss the ingredients gently to combine and heat thoroughly.
22. Take care not to break the noodles.
23. Once done, transfer to a warm serving platter and cover to keep hot.
24. Repeat the process with remaining stir fried ingredients, noodles and chilli powder.
25. Combine with the first lot of mixture.
26. Garnish with the reserved fried noodles and bean sprouts.
27. Serve immediately.
Calories 1380 Calories from Fat 524
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.4%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 237.6 mg79.2%
Sodium 313 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.2%
Sugars 42.7 g
Protein 72 g143.4%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet