Thai Fried Rice And Egg
|Chicken broth||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), defatted (Homemade)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), lightly bruised and peeled|
|Long grain brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon||4 Ounce, thinly sliced, coarsely shredded|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined, and halved crosswise|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), coarsely chopped (About 3 Large)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded, and diced about 1/4 inch|
|Bean sprouts||8 Ounce|
|Chives||4 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Whole chives||6 (For Garnish)|
1. In a medium-size saucepan, pour 2 1/2 cup chicken broth and add garlic cloves.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Stir in rice and reduce the heat.
4. Cover the saucepan tightly.
5. Simmer for about 50 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
6. Remove and discard garlic.
7. Place rice in a bowl and fluff with a fork.
8. In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon for 5-7 minutes until just crispy.
9. Transfer onto a paper towel to drain and keep aside.
10. To the fat in the skillet, add shrimps.
11. Cook them over medium-high heat for 1 ½ – 2 minutes until just cooked through.
12. Spoon the shrimps and keep aside.
13. In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat.
14. Stir in shallots, ginger, and minced garlic.
15. Cook with constant stirring to wilt slightly.
16. Add in the reserved rice, remaining 1/4 cup broth, bacon, and cucumber.
17. Stir and cook for another 1 minute.
18. Add shrimps, bean sprouts, and 3 tablespoons of the chives.
19. Cook for just 30 seconds.
20. Make 6 equal portions of rice and keep in separate bowls.
21. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
22. In each of the 2 skillets, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
23. Fry 3 eggs in each skillet with the sunny side up.
24. Top each rice bowl with 1 fried egg.
25. Garnish with snipped chives and a whole chive on each bowl.
26. Serve immediately.