Thai Fried Noodles
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, skinned, cut into 1/2 inch slices (1 Kilograms)|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||6|
|Rice stick noodles||12 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Fresh basil||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), thinly sliced|
|Onions||6 Small, thinly sliced|
|Red chilies||4 , deseeded, finely chopped|
|Shrimp paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Prawns||6 Ounce, peeled (175 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Nam Pla)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Peanuts||2 Tablespoon, roasted, coarsely chopped (For Garnish)|
|Dried red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a bowl, coat chicken with in sherry for marinating.
2. Cover the bowl and let bowl sit in a cool place for 30 minutes.
3. In a bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes.
4. In another bowl, soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes.
5. Squeeze water out of the mushrooms and dry them.
6. Discard the hard stalks, if any.
7. Slice mushroom caps in thin slices.
8. Drain the noodles.
9. In a wok or frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil.
10. Add half of the basil and stir-fry briefly until crisp.
11. Spoon stir-fried basil and place over kitchen paper for draining out excess oil.
12. Keep it aside for garnishing.
13. In the same wok, heat 3 tablespoons of oil over moderate heat.
14. Add garlic and onions; stir-fry until crisp.
15. Remove fried onion from the oil and keep aside for garnishing.
16. Pour the leftover oil from the wok into a large heatproof bowl.
17. Add the drained noodles and toss gently to coat; keep aside.
18. In a mortar and pound, blend chillies, shrimp paste and salt to taste until smooth.
19. In a wok or large frying pan, heat the remaining oil over high heat.
20. Add chilli mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute.
21. Add chicken mixture and mushrooms.
22. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
23. Add prawns and cook until just heated through.
24. Pour tomato puree, sugar and fish sauce.
25. Add bean sprouts and the remaining basil.
26. Stir-fry briskly for 2 minutes.
27. Add 1/3 of the noodles and toss gently until thoroughly coated and heated through.
28. Repeat this process 2 more times to add all the noodles.
29. Serve in heated serving platter.
30. Garnish with fried basil, garlic and onions, peanuts and pepper flakes.
31. Serve immediately.