Thai Curry Chicken
|Whole chicken breast||1 Pound, boned, skinned, and cut across the grain into 1/2-inch-wide strips|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Thai green curry paste||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic||3 Teaspoon, minced|
|Fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled, cored, and seeded, cut into 1/2-inch cubes for about 2 1/2 cups|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ripe papaya||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes for about 1 1/2 cups (Fresh)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips, blanched|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Snow pea pods||1⁄4 Pound, blanched|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mint||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Madras If Possible)|
MAKING THE SAUCE
1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan
2. Sauté the chopped onions against medium heat for 5 minutes
3. Add the curry paste and powder, cardamom, garlic, ginger, and salt, stirring to break up the curry paste.
4. Cook over medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes or more as per requirement.
5. Turn the heat to high, add tomatoes and papaya, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes with other ingredients.
6. Set aside the prepared mixture and cover it for keeping warm.
7. In a sauté pan, heat the oil
8. Sauté the chicken pieces over medium heat for 5 minutes.
9. Add the red peppers and sauté for 2 minutes more. Set the pan aside.
10. Add broccoli and limejuice to the sauce, and heat through.
11. Add snow peas to the chicken and heat together for 30 seconds.
12. Combine the sauce with the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
13. Combine yogurt and mint together.
14. Serve the yogurt sauce on the side of the food plate before serve with chicken.
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 73.1 mg24.4%
Sodium 794.4 mg33.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 33 g66.6%
Vitamin A 83.2% Vitamin C 260.1%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet