Thod Mun Pla
|Catfish fillets||12 Ounce|
|Green beans||12 Ounce, trimmed and cut into 1/8- inch rounds|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Thai fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Red curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated (Use Fresh)|
|Packed dark brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Plus More If Needed)|
|Sweet and sour sauce||2 Tablespoon (As Desired)|
1) With tweezers, gently remove any bones that remain in the fish.
2) Cut the fillets into small cubes.
3) In a bowl, combine well with the green beans and basil.
4) In a food processor, blend the fish mixture in small batches, without making a smooth paste. Each ingredient should be visible. Remove to a bowl.
5) To the fish mixture, add the fish sauce, curry paste, lime zest, sugar, and black pepper. Mix well with a fork.
6) Fold in the egg to bind the mixture.
7) Form into 16 round croquettes, 2 inches across, or 32 croquettes, 1 inch across.
8) In a non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
9) Add the croquettes in small batches and saute on both sides until golden. Add more oil to the skillet, if necessary. Drain on paper towels.
10) Serve hot with the sweet and sour sauce.