Fresh Crab Pad Thai
|Thin rice noodles/Spaghetti||8 Ounce (Dried, Rice Sticks)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Thai fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lump crabmeat||8 Ounce, picked over for shell and cartilage (Fresh)|
|Fresh mung bean sprouts||8 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Scallions||4 , 3 inches green left on, thinly sliced crosswise|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , coarsely chopped (For Garnish)|
|Coarsely chopped peanuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Garnish)|
|Sweet and sour sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Thai, For Serving)|
1) Allow a large pot of water to come to a boil.
2) Take it off from the heat; uncover the pot and soak rice noodles (sticks) in it for 5 minutes and drain well. Else if spaghetti is being used, follow package directions to cook them and drain well, when done.
3) In a wok or a very large skillet, over medium heat, heat oil and sauté garlic in it for 2 minutes until just golden.
4) Toss in noodles to coat them with the oil and garlic.
5) Pour in lemon juice and fish sauce, tossing them well.
6) Stir in crabmeat, sprouts, and scallions for 2 minutes, tossing them gently, until cooked well.
7) Transfer the mixture onto a large shallow serving bowl and top it with eggs, peanuts, and cilantro.
8) Serve the noodles mixture at once with small bowls of Thai sweet and sour sauce handed over separately to sprinkle on top.
Calories 703 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.9 mg40.3%
Sodium 1106.3 mg46.1%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 41.6%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet