Thai Spired Chicken Soup
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breasts||2 Small, skinned and shredded|
|Thai 7 spice seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon grass stick||1 , finely chopped|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Scallions||4 , trimmed and finely sliced|
|Frozen peas||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Satay sauce/Peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a large stock pot or a saucepan, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. Add chicken and 7-spice seasoning and stir fry until chicken is lightly browned.
3. Add lemon grass and potato and sweat lightly.
4. Pour in the stock and milk. Bring liquid to a boil.
5. Cover pan and simmer soup for 20 minutes until chicken and potato are tender.
6. Add scallions and peas and continue to cooking for a further 5 minutes.
7. Just before serving, add the satey sauce or peanut butter and stir until melted.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning.
9. Ladle the hot soup into warmed soup bowls.
10. Garnish with a little heavy cream.
11. Serve at once.