Thai Pickled Carrots
|Carrots||8 Ounce, peeled and cut into 2 1/2 inch long matchsticks (4 Medium Ones)|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried red chilies||3 Can (30 oz) (Such As Bird Eye Chinese, Or Other Small Red Chilies)|
1. In a bowl, toss carrots in salt.
2. Let the carrots sit for 1 hour; toss once or twice.
3. Drain well and return to the bowl.
4. In a small saucepan, blend vinegar and sugar.
5. Lightly crush dry red chilies and discard seeds.
6. Add crushed chilies to the saucepan.
7. Gently heat the saucepan for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to dissolve sugar.
8. Cool to room temperature.
9. Toss carrots in cooled vinegar mixture and let it stand for another 1 hour.
10. Drain and serve.