Gai Haw Bai Toey
|Chicken thighs||1 Pound (Boneless and skinless, cut into slightly bigger than bite size chunks)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
|For the marinade|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemon grass||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Lower tender part of the stem)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Salt||1 Pinch (For the seasoning)|
1. Take a bowl and add shallots, lemon grass, ginger, garlic, cilantro, brown sugar, soy sauce, coconut milk and seasoning it with a pinch of pepper. Combine well.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and marinate it for at least 45 minutes.
3. After 45 minutes, take each piece of chicken and wrap it into pandan leaf pieces and skew one or two chicken wraps through a skewer.
4. Take a pan with hot oil and fry the chicken in the skewers. Once done remove the skewers from the heated oil.
5. Serve the fried chicken with rice. The wrappers are not edible so that have to be removed before eating the chicken.