Thai Roast Chicken with Mango and Apple Salad
|Shallots||6 , halved|
|Red chilies||2 Small, deseeded, half roughly chopped and half finely chopped|
|Lime||1 , zested and juiced|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, finely grated (Thumb Length)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breasts||2 (Skin On)|
|Red skinned apple||1 , cut into matchsticks|
|Mango||1⁄2 , peeled and cut into matchsticks|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), picked (1/2 Small Bunch)|
|Onions spring||3 , sliced|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), leaved picked (These Can Be From The Same Bunch As The Starter, 1 Small Bunch)|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon (1/2 Teaspoon As A Splash)|
|Caster sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2) In a food processor add in the shallots and give a couple of spins till they are finely chopped. Remove half of the chopped shallots and set them aside.
3) Add in the roughly chopped chili, three fourths of the ginger, and all the lime zest. Blend to a chunky paste.
3) Heat 1 teaspoon of oil a frying pan with some seasoning. Stir fry for 2 minutes until the mix turns fragrant.
4) Slit the skin from the chicken breasts along one side. Spoon in some spicy shallot stuffing. You can do this even day ahead.
5) Season the skin all over then roast in a roasting tin for 15 to 20 minutes until they turn crisp and golden.
6) As the chicken is roasting, cook the rice.
7) Make the salad by tossing together the apple, mango, mint, spring onions and half the coriander.
8) Make the dressing by mixing the fish sauce, caster sugar, remaining ginger and lime juice, then set aside.
9) When the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate to rest. Sit the roasting tin on the hob.
10) Take away any excess fat from the chicken. Add the remaining lime juice and some more fish sauce. Scrape up the chicken juices to make a sauce over low heat.
11) Stir in the remaining chopped coriander into the sauce with the finely chopped chilli.
12) Mix the salad with the dressing and serve with the chicken, sauce and sticky rice.