Thai-Style Grilled Bison Salad
|For cabbage salad|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Red cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|For bison steak|
|Bison new york strip steaks||200 Gram (2 steaks)|
|Pepper||To Taste, grounded|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|For green onion salad|
|Lemon grass stalk||1|
|Serrano chili||1 , minced|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced|
|Shallot||2 , minced|
|Lime||1 1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped|
1. Preheat the grill on medium heat.
2. Cut off the stem and root end of the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaf and mince.
3. In a large bowl add in cabbage and red cabbage. Followed by fish sauce and lime juice. Mix well and set aside to marinate.
4. Place the steaks in a tray and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Rub generously on both sides.
5. Place the steaks on a preheated grill and cook on each side for 3 minutes.
6. Take off the steaks from the grill and let it rest for 8 to 10 minutes so that the juices redistribute.
7. In a bowl add in the lemon grass, serrano chili, green onions, and the shallots.
8. Season with fish sauce and lime juice.
9. Add in the cilantro and mint. Toss all the ingredients well.
10. Thinly slice the bison steaks against the grain to make sure the meat stays moist and tender and add to the green onion bowl. Toss to coat.
11. To plate this exotic dish, add the marinating cabbage salad and top with the bison.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.3 mg8.1%
Sodium 436.4 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g13%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 73.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet