Authentic Pad Thai
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Rice noodle||1⁄2 Pound|
|Firm tofu||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried shrimp||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground chili pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tamarind sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Palm sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Soak the noodles in warm water about 15-20 min or until soft.
2) Chop the garlic into small pieces.
3) Dice the tofu into small cubes.
4) Cut chives into 1" long pieces.
5) Chop the roasted peanuts.
Making the Sauce
1) Turn the stove to the medium heat, and place sauce pan on burner.
2) Heat the pan, and add the Tamarind Sauce, Fish Sauce, and Palm Sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3) When the sauce starts to boil remove from the heat and set aside.
Making Pad Thai
1) Turn on the stove to the high heat, and place your wok on the burner.
2) Add the oil.
3) When the oil is hot add the garlic.
4) Fry garlic about 1 min but don't let it turn to yellow or brown.
5) Add the Tofu and stir.
6) Add Dried Shrimp, if you cant find it or don't like a fishier taste, you can skip it.
7) Stir for about 30 seconds.
8) Add Fresh Shrimp.
9) Stir until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.
10) When the Shrimp is cooked, reduce the heat to medium.
11) Add the Noodles, and stir it together.
12) Add the Water to soften the noodles.
13) Add the sauce that we already pre-made, stir it until the noodles are soft, about 2 minutes.
14) Add the Eggs , and stir for about 30 seconds, until the Eggs start to cook.
15) Add Ground Peanuts and stir it all together.
16) Add Been Sprouts and Chives.
17) Stir it all together for about 1 min and then it's done!
Serve with sprouts, chives, lime, ground peanuts and chili on the side, so people can flavor to their tastes.