Bamboo shoot is commenenly used in chinese and Vietnamese cooking, but I love to throw it into a few Thai's dishes every now and then. You can served this with cooked rice WOW!!!!
4 Small, thinly sliced
4 Small, quartered
13 1⁄2 Ounce, divided
Thai red curry paste
1 Pound, chop (chop into small pieces)
3 Small (kafir lime leaves)
Thai basil leaves
1. Cut the bottom of the bamboo shoot and then thinly slice them, quarter the thai eggplants, set aside.
2. Cut the catfish into small pieces, set aside.
3. Preheat the wok over high heat, pour ½ cup of the coconut milk and add the red curry paste, stir until you see the oil on the surface.
4. Add the fish and kafir lime leaves and stir well and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes or until done, do not stir too much.
5. Add the bamboo shoots, eggplant, sugar and fish sauce, stir everything together until well combined.
6. Finally add the remaining coconut milk and give it a last final stir and cook for 5-7 minutes until everything is tender.
7. Serve the thai red fish curry along with steamed rice and garnish with thai sweet basil.