Thai Red Fish Curry
|Bamboo shoot||4 Small, thinly sliced|
|Thai eggplants||4 Small, quartered|
|Coconut milk||13 1⁄2 Ounce, divided|
|Thai red curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Catfish||1 Pound, chop (chop into small pieces)|
|Lime leaves||3 Small (kafir lime leaves)|
|Sugar/Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Thai basil leaves||1 Small|
1. Cut the bottom of the bamboo shoot and then thinly slice them, quarter the thai eggplants, set aside.
2. Cut the catfish into small pieces, set aside.
3. Preheat the wok over high heat, pour ½ cup of the coconut milk and add the red curry paste, stir until you see the oil on the surface.
4. Add the fish and kafir lime leaves and stir well and cook the fish for 2-3 minutes or until done, do not stir too much.
5. Add the bamboo shoots, eggplant, sugar and fish sauce, stir everything together until well combined.
6. Finally add the remaining coconut milk and give it a last final stir and cook for 5-7 minutes until everything is tender.
7. Serve the thai red fish curry along with steamed rice and garnish with thai sweet basil.
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g105.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 1103.9 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.4%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 26 g51.3%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 16.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet