Thai - Sun Dried Beef Jerky
|Beef sirloin/Beef round||2 Pound, slice|
|Garlic/Garlic powder||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, mince|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Cut the meat into 1x3 inch in length, set aside.
2. Mince the garlic and ginger, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the beef with minced garlic and ginger, sugar, oyster sauce, curry powder, salt and pepper and finally the sake, combine until well incorporated.
4. Cover the bowl with a foil and marinate the beef overnight or 2-4 hours at least.
5. Once done place the beef in a tray and sun dry them for 2 hours or until both the sides becomes dry.
6. In a wok, over high heat about 400 degree pour oil and deep fry the beef until crispy and done.
7. Place the beef on the strainer and drain the excess oil.
8. Serve the thai beef jerky with papaya salad and sticky rice.
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.1 mg23.7%
Sodium 479 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet