We dried our foods by the sun for more than 1,000 years. You can dry meats, fishs, vegetables, or fruits. Preserved them and stored them for long time. Thai-beef jerky is no defferent. It had been dried, preserved and cooked. Serve this with rice or as a snack.
Beef sirloin/Beef round
2 Pound, slice
2 Clove (10 gm), mince
3 Tablespoon, mince
3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. Cut the meat into 1x3 inch in length, set aside.
2. Mince the garlic and ginger, set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the beef with minced garlic and ginger, sugar, oyster sauce, curry powder, salt and pepper and finally the sake, combine until well incorporated.
4. Cover the bowl with a foil and marinate the beef overnight or 2-4 hours at least.
5. Once done place the beef in a tray and sun dry them for 2 hours or until both the sides becomes dry.
6. In a wok, over high heat about 400 degree pour oil and deep fry the beef until crispy and done.
7. Place the beef on the strainer and drain the excess oil.
8. Serve the thai beef jerky with papaya salad and sticky rice.