Thai Grilled Bison Salad
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium, shredded|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Small|
|Bison new york strip steaks||2|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Granulated garlic||1 Pinch|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|For the marinade|
|Lemon grass||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Serrano pepper||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green onions||2 Bunch (200 gm), slice|
|Shallots||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Small|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
1. Shred the cabbage and red cabbage, set aside in a bowl.
2. Thaw the bison new york strip steak overnight.
3. Trim the excess fat from the steak before grilling.
4. Cut the stem and the flowering end from the lemon grass and cut the outer part as well, finely chop the lemon grass.
5. Finely chop the Serrano pepper, slice the shallots and green onions, rough chop the mint and cilantro, set aside.
6. Preheat the grill pan.
7. Season the steak with sea salt, cracked black pepper and granulated garlic, season on both sides.
8. Once done place the steak on the preheated grill pan and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, flip the steak and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
9. Once done remove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
10. On a chopping board combine the lemon grass, Serrano pepper, green onions, shallots, add the fish sauce and lemon juice and finally the mint.
11. Chop all the ingredients while mixing them together, like making a marinade on the chopping board.
12. Add the cilantro and mix it with the rest of the ingredients, once done transfer it into a glass bowl.
13. Slice the steak against the grain, and add it to the marinade, toss to coat.
14. In a serving plate place the shredded cabbage and arrange the steak along with the marinade on top.
15. Serve the thai grilled bison salad along with you meal.