Thai Green Curry Chicken with Broccoli and Cauliflower
|Chicken breast||2 Large, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Tamari sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli head||1 Large, florets seperated|
|Cauliflower head||1 Large, florets seperated|
|Green curry paste||4 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger||1 Inch, peeled and chopped|
|Kaffir lime leaves||2 Medium, finely shredded|
|Coconut milk||27 Ounce, canned|
|Tamari sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Peel the broccoli stalks and chop into 1 inch pieces and add to the broccoli.
2. In a bowl, stir together chicken, tamari sauce and flour; keep aside.
3. In a bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients until the sugar is melted.
4. In 2 separate steamer baskets, place broccoli and cauliflowers separately.
5. In a wok with boiling water stack the vegetable baskets and steam for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove the vegetables from the steamer and transfer to a strainer.
7. In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil or canola oil and stir fry chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside.
10. In the same wok, heat remaining oil, add minced garlic, green onion and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds.
12. Stir in green curry paste, kaffir leaves; mix lightly.
13. Put in the fried chicken and stir for about 1 minute until well combined.
14. Pour in the coconut milk and the sugar sauce mixture, bring to a boil.
16. Add the steamed broccoli and cauliflower and cook until the vegetable are heated through.
18. In a plate, spoon rice and top with the green curry and garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve hot.