Thai Fragrant Rice
|Lemon grass piece||1|
|Brown basmati rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram, 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, peeled and finely chopped|
|Coriander seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (7.5 Milliliter)|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 Milliliter, 3 2/3 Cups)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Lime wedges||4 (For Serving)|
1. Finely chop the lemon grass and remove the zest from the limes.
2. Rinse the rice in cold water. Drain through a sieve.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and spices and cook gently for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and cook for a further minute, then add the stock or water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low and cover the pan. Cook gently for about 30 minutes then check the rice. If it is still crunchy, cover the pan again with the lid and leave for a further 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. Stir in the fresh coriander, fluff up the grains, cover and leave for 10 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.