A simple to make Thai-salty pork (moo khem) recipe.
Lemon grass stalk
1 Medium, slice
2 Clove (10 gm), mince
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For the pork
Pork belly/Pork tenderlion
1 Pound, chop
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)
1. Cut the pork into bite size pieces, set aside
2. Slice the lemon grass; mince the garlic, set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan add the pork belly, pour water and add the salt, cook the pork until completely cooked.
4. Once done drain the water and set aside.
5. In a wok pour oil and sauté the garlic until brown, add pork and stir.
6. Add lemon grass, sugar, oyster sauce and fish sauce, stir and cook until the pork turns red and crispy.
7. Add fish sauce if the sauce becomes too dry, once done turn on the heat.
8. Serve the thai salty pork with steamed rice.