A simple to make Thai-pork stew (moo tom khem) recipe.
Pork tenderlion/Pork leg
1 1⁄2 Pound
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
5 Small, slice
Chinese five spice powder
2 Tablespoon (pae-lo powder)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
4 Cup (64 tbs)
Black soy sauce
1. Slice the ginger, set aside.
2. In a wok over medium high heat sauté the ginger for few minutes, add sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce, stir well bring it to a boil.
3. Add pork to the sauce and mix, stir for few minutes, add the Chinese five spice and stir everything.
4. Once done transfer the pork in a deep pot, add the eggs and pour the water, add the black soy sauce if you want a darker color.
5. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, once it reaches to a boil reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour, covered.
6. After 1 hour turn off the heat and serve.