1. Mince the ginger and lemon grass, set aside.
2. Marinate the chicken with lemon grass, ginger, sugar, curry powder and soy sauce.
3. Marinate well and place the chicken in a zip lock bag, let it sit in the marinade for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degree, just 15 minutes before the chicken is ready to be cooked.
5. Prepare a foil lined baking dish.
6. After 6 hours remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place it in the baking dish.
7. Grill the chicken for 1 hour in the preheated oven.
8. Once done remove and allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
9. Serve the thai grilled chicken with rice if you like.