1. Mince the ginger and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl combine pork shoulder with cherry cooking wine, soya sauce, sesame oil, ginger, salt and sugar, coat it well.
3. Place the pork in a zip lock bag and marinate the pork for 6 hours in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat the grill on medium heat, 15 minutes before you are ready to cook the pork.
5. After 6 hours, remove the meat and place it the grill, grill the pork 20 minutes on each side.
6. In the meantime make the sauce, in a saucepan combine water, sugar, vinegar, salt and vinegar, stir and mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
7. In a bowl combine the cornstarch and water and pour this mixture little by little, in the sauce, cook the sauce until it thickens.
8. Once done set aside and let it cool.
9. Once the pork is done let it rest for 10 minutes and then cut them into thin slices.
10. Serve the grilled pork along with chili sauce with garnish of thai basil.