Thai Deep Fried Spring Rolls
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , divided|
|Bean thread noodle||50 Gram|
|Cooking oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Spring roll wrappers||25|
1. Soak the bean thread noodles in water for 15 minutes.
2. Shred the cabbage, carrots and the mushroom, set aside.
3. In a small bowl beat one egg.
4. In a large bowl combine ground pork with bean thread noodles, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, sugar, salt and pepper, garlic powder and soy sauce.
5. Crack the one egg and mix everything well, set aside.
6. Place one spring roll wrapper on the work top, add 2 tablespoon of the filling and roll the wrapper half way and then bring the two edges together and continue to roll till the end.
7. Brush the egg on the edges and seal the edges completely, continue doing this until all the filling is over.
8. Preheat the oil in a wok over medium high heat, deep fry the spring rolls and fry it for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Once done turn off the heat, place the spring rolls on the strainer and let the excess oil drain out.
10. Serve the spring rolls with sweet chili sauce on the side.
Calories 819 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.3 mg24.4%
Sodium 153.2 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 154 g51.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g3.9%
Sugars 121.1 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 54.9% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet