Thai Fish Soup
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|White of leek||1 , julienned|
|Finely chopped ginger root||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 , julienned|
|Unsweetened coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||4 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Halibut fish/Other white fish fillets||1 Pound, cut into chunks|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, deveined, cut in half|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, leek, ginger and pepper flakes. Cook about 3 minutes or until softened but not browned.
2. Add curry powder; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in red pepper, coconut milk, tomatoes and lemon rind. Bring to boil.
3. Add water, soy sauce and lemon juice. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer gently 15 minutes.
4. Add halibut, scallops, shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook gently 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
5. In a small bowl, mix cilantro, basil, mint and chives. Divide herb mixture among soup bowls. Pour soup over herbs.