Vegetable Thai Bundles
|Smooth peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fish sauce/Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), finely chopped|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped lemon grass||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lime zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||3⁄4 Pound, cooked and chopped|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced jicama||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
|Chopped unsalted roasted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|6 inch round rice paper sheet||20 (15 Centimeter)|
1. In a food processor, measure the peanut butter, lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, sugar, ginger, lemon grass, chili paste and lime zest. Process until smooth. Spoon mixture into a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a bowl combine shrimp, bean sprouts, carrot, jicama, green onion, peanuts, mint, cilantro, basil and 3 tbsp of the Dipping Sauce. Toss gently to coat well. Set filling aside.
3. Fill a large pan with hot water. Cover rice paper sheets with a damp tea towel. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
4. Using one rice paper sheet at a time, dip into the hot water for 10 seconds, until pliable. Place on a dry tea towel. Fold bottom third of rice paper up.
5. Place 1 1/2 tbsp of the filling in the center of the folded part of the rice paper sheet. Shape the filling into a 2 1/2-inch cylinder. Fold the sides of the rice paper sheet over the filling.
6. Working from the bottom, roll the rice paper sheet tightly around the filling, making a spring roll shape. Use a little water to seal the seams. Place bundle seam side down on baking sheet.
7. Repeat with the remaining rice paper and filling.
8. To serve, mound bundles on a platter with Dipping Sauce in a bowl.